Autism Bedfordshire is an independent charity providing information, advice, and emotional and practical support to individuals with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, their parents/carers, families and associated professionals throughout Bedfordshire and Luton.
We aim to reduce social isolation and improve psychological wellbeing for people with autism and their families, and to increase public awareness. We do this through providing:
• Social, educational and personal development activities with specialist support
• Short breaks for parents/carers
• Information and advice through our helpline, newsletters and parent training
• Autism awareness training for organisations and professionals
• Advocacy on behalf of people with autism
Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that profoundly affects the way a person thinks, communicates and relates to others around them. It is estimated that around 700,000 people in the UK have autism – or more than 1 in 100 in the population. In Bedfordshire, this equates to over 6,100 people with the condition. Not only does autism affect the individual, but it hugely impacts on the lives of their family and loved ones.
Leave a gift for Autism Bedfordshire in your will
After you have looked after family and friends, please help Autism Bedfordshire to continue to enhance the quality of life for children, young people and adults with autism and their families.
Chair, Autism Bedfordshire